|"Information"||data, content, analysis, news, reports, pictures, graphics, video, audio, software and other materials and services, communications and other items, tangible or intangible|
|"personal data"||personally identifying information (including but not limited to names, addresses, occupations, contacts and other personal details)|
|"UBM", "we", "our" or "us"||UBM Asia Limited or Hong Kong Exhibition Services Limited, as the case may be|
|"Third Party Provider"||any provider of Information or services on the Website other than UBM|
|"users", "you" or "your"||any person who accesses the Website|
|"Website"||each website(s) from time to time hosted or linked up by UBM|
Changes to Website
We may, in our sole discretion and at any time, without prior notice to you, add to, amend or remove any Information from the Website, or alter the presentation, substance, or functionality of the Website.
Change of Terms
As a condition of your use of the Website, you must not:
- trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data areas for which you have not been authorised by us to access or use;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or unreasonable Information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that may constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law;
- post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes or other unsolicited commercial communication, or engage in spamming or flooding;
- post or transmit any Information or software which contains any virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any Information obtained through the Website for commercial purposes; or
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, Information obtained through the Website which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or create derivative works with respect thereto, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner or rightholder.
Prohibition of Access
Third Party Information
The Information may contain Information provided by Third Party Providers or sourced by UBM from other references or sources. The Information on the Website may not be regarded as any recommendation or endorsement by UBM for any purpose with respect to any person, product or service.
UBM is not responsible if any such Information is not uptodate; UBM does not separately verify such Information. Accordingly we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such Information. Any use of and reliance on such Information is at your own risk.
Links to and from the Website
The links on the Website may take you to other sites which are not under our control and you acknowledge and agree that UBM has no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of any Information, products, services, advertising or other materials provided by linked websites nor the quality or suitability thereof.
Links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by UBM of such websites or the Information, products, services, advertising or other materials available on those websites.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights subsisting in the Information and in respect of the Website belong to UBM or have been lawfully licensed to UBM for use on the Website. All rights under applicable laws are hereby reserved. Except with the express permission of UBM, you are not allowed to upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any part of the Information or component of the Website itself or create derivative works with respect thereto, as the Information and the Website is copyrighted under applicable laws. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the Information. You may, however, download material from the Website (one machine readable copy and one print copy per page) for your personal, non-commercial use only. We reserve all rights in and title to all material so downloaded.
UBM is not liable for any infringement of any intellectual property rights arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the Website, or items advertised on the Website, by end users or any other third parties.
You agree that we are free to use, disclose, adopt and modify all and any ideas, concepts, knowhow, proposals, suggestions, comments and other communications and information provided by you to us ("Enquiry or Feedback") in connection with the Website without any payment to you. You hereby waive and agree to waive all and any rights and claims for any consideration, fees, royalties, charges and/or other payments in relation to our use, disclosure, adoption and/or modification of any or all of your Enquiry or Feedback.
Limited Liability and Warranty
All Information is for your general reference only. UBM does not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such Information.
Your access to and use of our Website is at your sole risk and is provided “as is”, “as available”. The Website is for your personal use only and we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties on merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
Our entire liability and your exclusive remedy with respect to the Website or otherwise, is re-performance of defective services. In jurisdictions which do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain types of liability, our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. We do not endorse, warrant or guarantee any material, product or service offered through us or our Website. We are not and will not be a party to any transaction between you and any third party.
UBM shall not guarantee or assume any responsibility that:
- the Information on the Website is accurate, adequate, current or reliable, or may be used for any purpose other than for general reference;
- the Information on the Website is free of defect, error, omission, virus or anything which may change, erase, add to or damage your software, data or equipment;
- messages sent through the internet will be free from interception, corruption or loss;
- access to the Website will be available or be uninterrupted; or
- defects in the Website will be corrected.
In no event will UBM be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including any loss of business or profit, arising out of any use, or inability to use, the Information, even if UBM has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You will exercise and rely solely on your own skill and judgment in your use and interpretation of the Information. You are responsible to ensure that your use of the Information complies with all applicable legal requirements.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Updated as at 15 November 2018