We respect your privacy and we will use reasonable endeavours:
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to reasonably protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect;
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide better service;
- to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data;
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or any lawful request of any enforcement agencies, or we have previously informed you.
- Information collection
In order to provide better service to you and to fulfil the purposes set out in the next paragraph, we may collect certain information when you register with us or communicate with us. In the process, we may also collect personal information (including name, email address and physical address) of individual contact persons of companies or their employees. As stated in the registration form, some of the requested information is mandatory and some of them you may provide voluntarily. If specific mandatory information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the requested service. We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes set out in the next paragraph.
- Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
- processing applications for exhibiting at or visiting our trade fairs;
- facilitating and enhancing our operations by incorporating the personal data into our database and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data;
- promoting and notifying you of our trade fairs in India and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by our affiliates and joint venture partners;
- distributing publications and research materials of our company;
- marketing our services or products; and/or
- if necessary, facilitating legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts.
We intend to use your personal data, including your name, email address and physical address, to conduct direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to our trade fairs in India and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by our affiliates and joint venture partners, as well as the promotion of our services via fax, email, direct mail, telephone, social media and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. We will not so use your personal data unless we have received your consent for the said intended use. You may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply telling us through the contact details below, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
- Disclosure / Transfer of Data
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide or transfer the personal data to:
- our agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, and service providers in connection with our operations or services for facilitating and enhancing our operations and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data;
- our overseas offices, affiliates, and joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for the purpose of conducting direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to our trade fairs in India and around the world;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside India; and/or
- another company or person to whom we may transfer our business.
Provision of data for direct marketing
Please note that we intend to share the personal data we collect, (including your name, email address and physical address), to our overseas offices, affiliates, and joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for their use in direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs and events. We will not so provide your personal data for the said purposes unless we have received your express consent to the aforesaid intended provision. You may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply telling us through the contact details below, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
- Transfer of Data Overseas
We will generally hold your data on our servers in India. However, we may transfer it to our overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph 3 above, who may be located elsewhere.
- Your consent and rights
You have the right to access and rectify the personal information that we hold about you by making a request to our business intelligence dept. Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to:
Digital Innovation & Business Intelligence Department
UBM India Private Limited
17th Floor, China Resources Building
26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2516 2125 / +852 2827 6211 Fax: +852 3749 7349
E-mail: [email protected]
You may also for legitimate reasons, object to the processing of your personal data and withdraw your consent to the information being collected by sending us a notice by letter, fax or email, however, we may consequently be unable to provide certain requested services. Upon receipt of such notice we will use our best endeavours to delete all of your personal information.