We respect your privacy and we will use reasonable endeavours:
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to reasonably protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect;
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide better service;
- to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data;
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or any lawful request of any enforcement agencies or we have previously informed you.
- Information collection
In order to provide better service to you and to fulfil the purposes set out in the next paragraph, we may collect certain information when you register with us or communicate with us. In the process, we may also collect personal information of individual contact persons of companies or their employees. Where notified, some of the requested information is mandatory and some you may provide voluntarily. If specific mandatory information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the requested service. We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes set out in the next paragraph.
- Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
- processing applications for exhibiting at or visiting our trade fairs
- facilitating and enhancing our operations by incorporating the personal data into our database and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
- promoting and notifying you of our trade fairs in Myanmar and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by our affiliates and joint venture partners
- distributing publications and research materials of our company
- marketing our services or products
- if necessary, facilitating legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
We intend to use your personal data, including your name, email address and physical address, to conduct direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to our trade fairs in Myanmar and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by our affiliates and joint venture partners, as well as the promotion of our services via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. We will not so use your personal data unless we have received your consent to the said intended use. You may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply telling us through the below contact details, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
- Disclosure / Transfer of Data
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide or transfer the personal data to:
- our agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, and service providers in connection with our operations or services for facilitating and enhancing our operations and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
- our overseas offices, affiliates, and joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for the purposes of conducting direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to our trade fairs in Myanmar and around the world
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Myanmar
Provision of data for direct marketing
Please note that we intend to provide the personal data we collect, including your name, email address and physical address, to our overseas offices, affiliates, and joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for their use in direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs and events. We will not so provide your personal data for the said purposes unless we have received your written consent to the aforesaid intended provision.
In general, your personal data is kept confidential and is only accessible by authorised personnel. Personal data stored electronically are password-protected. Encryption technology is used on our secured web areas. We recommend that you do not divulge your User Login Name and Password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your User Login Name and Password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Remember to sign out of your Account and close your browser window when you have finished your session with the Website. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your User Account and Password.
- Transfer of Data Overseas
We will generally hold your data on servers in Myanmar. However, we may transfer it to our offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph 3 above, who may be located elsewhere.
- Data Access or Correction
Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to:
Data Privacy Officer, Business Intelligence Department
Myanmar Trade Fair Management Co. Ltd
Diamond Condo, 1st Floor, Building (E), Pyay Road, Kamaryut Township, Yangon, 11041, Myanmar
Tel: +951512887 Fax: +951513519
E-mail: [email protected]
We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.